Monday, October 11, 2010

Self Portrait - Shot in the chest

I don't know why I've been having all these strange nightmares lately... I'm usually able to interpret and use dreams to help make sense of reality, but these puzzle me. They don't really make sense and aren't really related to anything I'm experiencing right now (except the mouse issue, which definitely reflects my current concern about getting rid of the mice in our house). But they're kind of crazy and great sources of inspiration... So if some of the resulting illustrations seem fairly morbid, I just wanted to let everyone know that everything's fine here! and who knows, maybe this uncounscious stream of darkness helps to balance out with the excess of life's brightness...?

... Another nightmare: At a school or public housing/center. Dangerous environment. Frequent shootings are known to take place here. For some reason, a couple of friends and I venture there. They pick up guns but I don't want to. However, a fight starts, some unknown "ennemy" falls down the first floor stairs and a gun drops at my feet. I decide this is a sign that I should take it if I want to get out of there alive. I start shooting. I am shot right in the middle of the chest. The story keeps on unfolding for quite some time, and many other events occur that I cannot remember anymore. Meanwhile, all I am conscious is the hole in my chest but that I am not dead... yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wouaahh!
    Strange dreams indeed. Their purpose is perhaps only to help you explore/draw/paint all the ways and means to express yourself?

    ReplyDelete